June 30, 2022
- Indian Gaming Association Members
- Ernie Stevens, Jr., Chairman
Jason Giles, Executive Director
- Deadline for Comment Submission on NIGC Amendments to Part 571 Due FRIDAY
- June 30th, 2022
Comments are due Friday, July 1st, for the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC)’s proposed amendments to 25 C.F.R. Part 571. The Indian Gaming Association (IGA) has drafted comments for the use of its Member Tribes and is included below this alert.
On June 1st, the NIGC published a notice of proposed rulemaking in the Federal Register. This proposed rule was drafted after the NIGC held a series of consultations with tribal governments on proposed revisions to its regulations, including potential revisions to the regulations governing NIGC audit standards.
The proposed amendments by the NIGC cover the following:
Submission of Annual Audits
- Defining what satisfies an adverse opinion
- Classifying “gaming operation” and “gaming facility” as synonymous
Small and Charitable Gaming
- A preposition to remove the “waiver requirement”
- A third tier to financial reporting for charitable gaming
Lastly, IGA is engaging the NIGC to extend the current comment period of 30 days to 60 days, to allot our Member Tribes to have more time to submit comments. Please contact Danielle Her Many Horses at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns with this alert.